Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Getting a voters I card

I generally try to get the things done online, specially coz its easier and more comfortable. I had to get the voters Icard made and needed the name to be added in the electoral roles. I found the website of the Chief electoral office of Delhi .

I submitted the form online for enrollment. Nothing happened on it for about a month so I sent an email about this to the email id mentioned on the site. I got a prompt reply on it. It took some email exchange to get the officials come out of their official state of mind of trying to postpone things and shifting responsibility to finally take ownership and do something about it. I got a December deadline ( after 2 months date) to expect the enrollment office to come to my place to verify the application form. As I expected nobody came. Finally I emailed again in Jan and to my amazement there was some telephonic enquiry from the election office.

This is a very good response from any government office till date. When I tried to complain in the passport (ministry of external affairs) the things felled on deaf ear. Same happens if you send an email even to the prime ministers office or the department of public grievance and the central vigilance office.

I just hope that more and more of the government offices begin to use and benefit from the power of internet.

I will update more as and when the actual voters card gets made.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 25 ,2005

After around more than 6 months the name in the election I card has not been added. I have the application number and emails to prove it. The election machinery seems to badly rusted, specially in delhi.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i am fully agree that govt. should use and make each information available on internet to facilitate smooth adminstration atleast in public interst and for the GOD SAKE.

Anonymous said...

yes this is the very good step of the govt administration that each and every useful information on the net

sandeep batala

Anonymous said...

hello i am sandeep and i am fully agree with this step for the govt of Delhi


sunny verma from batala
thanks you