Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Delhi Bus rapid transit

Just saw the picture in the morning TOI of the bus Rapid Transit and the Jam there. Why is that a chaos, was very evident from the pics.

  • in the already slow lane for cars we have the commercial autos- which carry heavy weight and are slow.
  • There were tempos in the car lane in peak time.
The slow traffic like the Auto's and big vehicles like the tempos need to be banned to make this route work. However delhi traffic pathetic now and high time we added just more and better buses to all routes, so that people can just shun the cars and go easily in the buses. We need decent A/C buses, who ply on fixed time and fixed routes. I am sure this can work out, but who cares for a simple solution for the Delhi traffic mess?

1 comment:

Sean Bernardino said...

Hi Ankur, I found your blog when I did a search for Blog related to Delhi Traffic, I must say I quite enjoyed your content and hope to see more. Delhi has so many problems I feel that as civilized citizens we must start addressing the issue and I guess the first step would be making it publicly known. Hope you're able to reach many more with this blog. I'll definitely be following closely :)